Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What would be on your ME playlist?


Yesterday, I came across an article on Flavorwire about certain favorite bands that make you totally, “Undateable.” It had to be taken with a grain of salt, because one of my favorite bands is up there. And I don’t think that liking Foster the People makes me a douchebag. Maybe a little bit less hip than the average bear, but who cares? I can dance to that entire album. It also got me through the last hour of an eight hour drive, which you know is the worst hour of the whole trip. The songs may be written by a dude who used to create commercial jingles, but THAT ONLY MAKES THEM BETTER!

Anyway, I digress. We are here to talk about empowerment and celebrating oneself and connecting to our essence. That article did get me thinking about the songs that make up ME, or that tap into the different parts of me. What are the funny, smart, sassy, encouraging, interesting, heart-filled, sometimes awkward, covertly delicate, overtly strong, and sexy songs that have become more than just music and lyrics? What are my anthems? The songs that I can put on and they touch my soul every single time, because they have come to represent me. 

So I made a list of my top ten anthems, and I would encourage you to do the same. It is fun to hear a playlist of YOU, where you have been and where you are now. It is different from drawing how you see yourself. I almost think that it is more telling and more interesting. You are baring more through your playlist. Now, be gentle with your song choices; they don’t all have to be Flavorwire approved. This is YOUR list. Have fun celebrating the music that makes you, you!

To get things started and to keep me honest, here is a video for one of mine, Outkast's So fresh, So clean!



-          Lauren, Proud new owner of a ME playlist

No comments:

Post a Comment