Friday, September 21, 2012

This word is just not sexy to me. It just isn’t!



Y’all we need to talk. I have a confession to make. As a sex positive individual, this might come as a shock to you. But I am going to say it anyway, because I believe in honesty. Even though it pains me to say it (or write it) publicly. I am going to do it. Are you ready? Okay. I hate the word horny. Hate it. I like the meaning behind it, but the actual word feels completely unsexy.

Here is the Merriam Webster Dictionary definition of horny:

  1. Of or made of horn
  2. Having horns
  3. Desiring sexual gratification
  4. Sexually aroused

 Perhaps it is because I do not want my sexual lexicon to involve horns. (Maybe Vikings. Maybe. But that is off-topic.) Perhaps it is because horny makes me think of farm animals, and bestiality is on my never-going-to-try list. Perhaps it is because the word makes me think of Middle School, which was a dark time for us all. Perhaps it is because horny feels vulgar. (Although I doubt that is it. Really.) Perhaps it is because horny is a ridiculous word. I don’t really know. I do know that Austin Powers with his British accent and debonair ways could not even save this word for me. 

I DO NOT LIKE IT. (Hopefully, this will not get me kicked out of the sexual health world. I am crossing my fingers. And I have gotten right with it. I will start my own club that celebrates my lexicon boundaries.)

Do y’all have words like this? They are supposed to be all sexy, but they totally fall flat for you. That is really the one that comes to mind for me. I will have to think of other ones. This one is clearly a BIGGIE in my world. 

-          Lauren, Horny user no more!  

No comments:

Post a Comment