Friday, November 15, 2013

I have writer's block.



I did not post last week, and I almost did not post this week. But that would leave people hanging, and I would hate to do that. Here is the truth: I have writer’s block. For the past two weeks, I have done so much writing in my regular life that I don’t even know what to write on my blog. I think this is what happens when I have deadlines looming, and I decide to take on another major performance project (which I will talk about more next week). Maybe I can explore why I do these things in another post.  I honestly thought that I would have enough brain space for everything; I had no idea that this could happen to ME. I have always seen my blog as an extra special writing outlet, like where I get to play. Wise bloggers did mention that sometimes you just get stuck. I guess that I just thought I could be super woman and power through, but my brain has decided otherwise. Boo.

Instead of a regular post, I will offer you a brilliant TED speech on inspiration given by Elizabeth Gilbert, writer of Eat, Pray, Love. I have not had her level of success with my writing yet, but her speech still gives me comfort in times of mental block. 

See the speech here

Enjoy!

- Lauren, blogger who will be back in action next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment