Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Busting Some Orgasm Myths with Miss Mary Roach (By Proxy)

Hello Everyone!

Today, I bring you a TED talk given by Mary Roach on the Orgasm. Now, I have three things to say before we get started. One, the TED people have gotten a ton of flack for only posting certain videos and not others. (Something about pandering to conservative funders?) I don't really care. This is a great TED speech, and I like to support people who will post videos that involve sexual health facts.

Two, I am not posting this video to say that sexuality can be boiled down to just the orgasm. Sexuality is so much bigger than that! It's how we see ourselves, how we feel about ourselves, how we connect to one another, how we express our personalities, and how we celebrate who we are. Sexuality is huge. I just like the video.

Three, Mary Roach is freaking brilliant. And she is not paying me to say so. Her book Bonk, which focuses on sexual health and research, is amazing. I must have highlighted at least three things in each chapter. She writes with humor and curiosity and approachability, which can be difficult when you are talking scientific stuff. That is Ms. Roach's gift.

So without further adieu, I give you Mary Roach's TED Speech, "10 things you didn't know about the Orgasm."



Now, go on with your bad selves and celebrate the new wrinkle that you just created in your brain!

- Lauren, Supporter of amazing sexual health speeches that are also ACCURATE 

No comments:

Post a Comment