Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lil Wayne, I salute you for showing vulvas some aural love.


In the world of Pink Glitter and Brass Knuckles, you might be surprised that I am giving a shout out to Lil Wayne, especially when talking about performing oral sex. You might be wondering why I am not talking about Lil Kim or Khia. They both have talked about requiring their partners to do it. And yes, they deserve accolades. However, I posit that it takes more for a male rapper to talk about performing cunnilingus than it does for a woman to talk about making her partner go down on her. 

Hear me out on this one. In a world where mainstream rappers constantly talk about how big their knots are, laying the pipe, hoes in area codes, and getting their dicks sucked, Lil Wayne gives a shout out to vulva licking. I don’t hear Jay Z or Kanye talking about that. I don’t hear Drake talking about that. And I certainly won’t hear Eminem, Kirko Bangs, or Flo’rida talking about that. Nope. NOPE! 

Now, Lil Wayne absolutely talks about the size of his testicles (HUGE) and getting licked like a lollipop. But he also talks about performing oral sex. We live in a world where 70% of women require clitoral stimulation in order to orgasm, (And oral sex is a great way to access the clitoris) so I would venture to say Lil Wayne talking about giving head is a big freaking deal. I do not agree with everything that Lil Wayne says. Not by a long shot. However, I am willing to accept small victories in the mainstream music industry. Because we have far to go people. And any male rapper who will bust out, “I tongue kissed her other tongue, or, “That pussy in my mouth had me lost for words,” gets a high five from me. The world is won in baby steps, and Lil Wayne has taken a few. So props to you sir, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.   

What other male musical artist deserves a high five?

-          Lauren, Taking a stand for male artists who give the vulva support from time to time

No comments:

Post a Comment